Summer Reading Club Coordinator
Innisfail Public Library is looking for a creative, enthusiastic individual to coordinate our Summer Reading Club! The successful candidate will be working with our Children’s Programmer to plan indoor and outdoor programing for kids ages 3-12.
• Plan, promote, and deliver the Summer Reading Club for ages 3-12 with a focus on literacy, games, and crafts.
• Help creatively market the Summer Reading Club through social media and presentations at schools, daycares, and playschools.
• Assist with other relevant library initiatives and events.
• Evaluate and assess the success of the summer reading club.
• Provide excellent customer service at the front desk when required.
Skills and Experience
• A passion for literacy, and creating innovative children’s programming.
• Experience working with children and/or customer service.
• Knowledge of social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office (word, excel and outlook).
• Experience or an interest in creating digital promotional content (Canva).
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Always maintain a positive and professional attitude.
• Pursuing post-secondary studies in education, childhood development, or library sciences would be considered an asset.
This is a grant is funded position through Young Canada Works and the successful applicant must meet the following requirements:
• A Canadian Citizen or permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
• are legally entitled to work in Canada;
• are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
• are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
• will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment;
• currently enrolled in studies (high school, post-secondary) and returning in the fall;
• a criminal and vulnerable sector check will be required upon starting.
Duration: 14 weeks (May to August)
Hours of Work: 32.5 hours/week, may include occasional evening or weekend shifts
Hourly Rate: $17.00/hour
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to the Assistant Manager, Lindsey Budd at email@example.com. We will be accepting applications till Sunday, May 1st or until a suitable candidate is found. We thank you for your interest, however; only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Innisfail Public Library is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.