Enjoy independent, guided projects using Python and Raspberry Pie!
Meet with other enthusiastic coders in the community and enjoy independent, guided projects using Python and Raspberry Pie! These remarkable tiny computer systems open doors to the imagination, and challenge you to push the boundaries of what you can create and invent!
We meet each Tuesday from January 11th to March 1st. Limited space available. We recommend a basic knowledge of coding and computer science. This is a great program for those who are continuing after using Scratch Coding.
January 11th - March 1st
Time: 4:00 – 5:00pm
Please register for the waitlist if there are no spots available. Due to the independent nature of the program, participants are welcome to discontinue, and therefore open a spot for someone on the waitlist. We will contact waitlisted participants in the order of registration.
General Library Use: As per the Alberta Health guidelines, the library will be implementing the following restrictions for general library use.
- Masks are required for anyone over 2 years of age in accordance with the Alberta Mask Mandate https://www.alberta.ca/masks.aspx in the library.
- Physical Distancing is required while using the library space.
- We will be operating at 1/3 fire capacity.
- Proof of vaccination will not be required to enter the building.
Programming Restrictions for Libraries:
Library programs for youth under 18 can continue if they follow the guidance for youth activities, which include:
- Screen youth for symptoms prior to participation. (Fill out this form prior to drop off.)
- Maintain 2 meters physical distancing, except between youth who are engaged in a physical activity.
- Maintain masking indoors, except for youth who are engaged in a physical activity.
- Youth programming that requires adult to support the youth (ex: a parent & tot story time) may continue under the guidance for youth activities, with the addition that adults must be masked at all times and remain 2 metres distanced from those outside their household at all times.
- Programming which contains a mix of adult and youth, where the adults are not required to support the youth (ex: a book club), would follow the guidance for adult activities and would not be permitted to continue indoors.
- Adult indoor programing is not able to continue indoors.
Fill out my online form.